Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cancer Diva Adventures: Blah, blaaah, blog

So . . .  my blog is on another blog (does that actually make sense?)  Living Beyond Breast Cancer is a terrific organization that I have personally worked with (many years ago in health advocacy for breast cancer patients) and more recently benefitted from--among many other things, LBBC sponsors monthly webinars--free for patients--with updates from experts on the latest medical advances and treatment of breast cancer.  Plus they're based just outside Philly, on the Main Line, a stone's throw from where I grew up (on the wrong side of those tracks.)

LBBC asked me to write something focusing on my experiences as a metastatic breast cancer patient.  This is a big topic this week because LBBC is holding its Annual Conference for Women Living with Metastatic Breast Cancer  Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14 at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel.  

I was planning to attend, and am particularly interested in the session on "Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer: Treatment Options and Emerging Research", with Dr. Andrew D. Seidman from Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.  It would also have been an opportunity to see my Big Brother (BB), who still lives in Philly (on a better side of the tracks.) Unfortunately, I cannot attend, as I actually have metastatic triple-negative breast cancer, am in serious fatigue mode, and will likely be spending Saturday at Suburban hospital getting a blood transfusion.  Oh well, maybe next year.

Anyhoo, I don't have to write so much now or think of witty things to say because I can just send you all the links to what I wrote for LBBC! Links to part 1 and part 2 are below.  Stay tuned for my exciting next post on my latest side effect!

http://livingbeyondbc.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/what-me-cancer/


http://livingbeyondbc.wordpress.com/

Thank you LBBC, and thanks to all who take the time to read what I write, and to those who also write back.  I love seeing comments on my blog--so comment away!

CDiva

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Sandi, on your new blog with LBBC! It's a great one, too. KT xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. maggie.danhakl@healthline.comSeptember 3, 2014 at 9:14 AM

    Hello,

    I hope all is well. I wanted to let you know about this great resource Healthline has about breast cancer. The resource includes a virtual tour on understanding the progression of breast cancer, from where it starts to how it affects the body.

    You can see the guide here: http://www.healthline.com/breast-cancer/anatomy-animations#1/breast-cancer-where-it-starts

    I thought this would be a great resource for your site and wanted to see if you could include it on your page: http://cancerdiva4ever.blogspot.com/2013/04/cancer-diva-adventures-blah-blaaah-blog.html

    Please let me know if this would be possible. I’m happy to answer any questions as well.

    Thanks so much,
    Maggie Danhakl • Assistant Marketing Manager
    Healthline • The Power of Intelligent Health
    660 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
    www.healthline.com | @Healthline | @HealthlineCorp

    About Us: corp.healthline.com

    ReplyDelete